Strawberry Bircher Muesli
May 09, 2016 | Serves 4-6
- 1 Cup of Gluten Free Oats (100g)
- 1/2 Cup of Desiccated Coconut (45g)
- 1/2 Cup of Flaked Almonds (50g)
- 1 Heaped Tablespoon of Chia Seeds
- 150g of Strawberries
- 1 & 1/2 Cups of Unsweetened Almond Milk (375ml)
- Optional: 2 Tablespoons of Maple Syrup or Honey
I’m strawberry crazy at the moment, they just taste so amazing when they’re in season! This is the best summery breakfast and perfect for weekdays. Make a batch at the beginning of the week and just take it out of the fridge at the last minute. After the first day add a little more almond milk to freshen it up and you’re good to go with a delicious breakfast in about 30 seconds! You can also divide it between little jars and take them for brekkie on the go.
Combine the gluten free oats, desiccated coconut, flaked almonds and chia seeds in a large bowl.
Add the strawberries and sweetener (if using) to your blender and blend until you have a chunky puree.
Add the strawberry mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
Pour in the almond milk while mixing.
Transfer the mixture to a large jar and pop it in the fridge overnight, or minimum 5 hours.