Chocolate Walnut Cream Bars
December 17, 2013 | Makes 16
For the Bottom Layer:
- 1 1/2 Cup of Cashews (225g)
- 4 Tablespoons of Cacao Powder
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Maple Syrup/Honey
For the Middle:
- 1 Cup of Desiccated Coconut (90g)
- 1 Cup of Walnuts, Finely Chopped (150g)
- 3/4 Cups of Creamed Coconut
- 2 Tablespoons of Maple Syrup/Honey
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon
For the Top:
- 1/3 Cup of Cacao Powder (35g)
- 1/4 Cup of Maple Syrup/Honey (60ml)
- 1/4 Cup of Melted Coconut Oil (60ml)
Start by placing your cashews in a food processor and blending until you have cashew flour. Make sure they are being evenly processed, you might have to stop and scrape the bottom and sides and pulse again.
Add in the cacao powder, coconut oil and maple syrup and combine.
Press the mixture firmly into your pan and set it aside while you make the next layer.
Combine the desiccated coconut, chopped walnuts and cinnamon. Then add the creamed coconut, and maple syrup and mix using an electric mixer until its smooth and mixed evenly.
Spread out on top of the bottom layer and pop it in the fridge while you make the final layer.
Combine the coconut oil, cacao powder and maple syrup and stir until you have a glossy chocolate sauce. Pour it over the the middle layer and pop it in the freezer for about an hour until it’s set completely.
Cut and enjoy!