Creamy Coconut Bars
September 01, 2014 | Makes 12
For the Base:
- 2 Cups of Ground Almonds (240g)
- 1/4 Cup of Almond Butter (65g)
- 1/3 Cup of Honey/Maple Syrup (80ml)
- 1/4 of Desiccated Coconut (25g)
For the Top:
- 2 Cups of Cashews, Soaked Overnight (300g)
- 1 Cup of Desiccated Coconut (90g)
- 1/4 Cup of Coconut Oil (60ml)
- 1/4 Cup of Honey/Maple Syrup (60ml)
For once, I wanted to make a treat that wasn’t chocolatey and these were a huge success with my taste testers (and myself!). The base is nutty and crumbley with a creamy and coconuty top and they go well with pretty much everything, especially a good cup of coffee. They also keep perfectly in the fridge, tasting just as fresh for about 5 days!
Combine all the base ingredients in the food processor until you have a clumpy paste mixture.
Press the mixture into your baking tin lined with parchment paper.
Drain the cashews and add them to the food processor and blend on high until creamy.
Add in the coconut and blitz until combined.
Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and then add in the coconut oil and maple syrup and mix well until you have a smooth creamy (delicious) mixture.
Spread the mixture out over the base and sprinkle with a little more coconut.
Pop in the fridge to set for about an hour and then slice and enjoy!