Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
February 25, 2014 | Makes 20 Cookies
- 2 Cups of Ground Almonds (240g)
- 2 Cups of Desiccated Coconut (180g)
- 1/2 Cup of Vanilla Protein Powder (I use Sunwarrior)
- 1/3 Cup of Almond Butter (85G)
- 1/4 Cup of Honey/Maple Syrup (60ml)
- 1/4 Cup of Melted Coconut Oil (60ml)
- 1 Egg, Whisked
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/3 Cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk (80ml)
- 75g of Dark Chocolate
These are delicious and chewy and a great way to get some extra protein in. The almond flavour really comes through and combined with the dark chocolate they’re lovely and rich. Absolutely delicious as a late night snack with a cold glass of almond milk.
Preheat oven to 180’C.
Place the ground almonds, salt and the coconut in a food processor and blend until you have a coarse flour.
In a separate large bowl, combine the almond butter, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and egg.
Add the almond mixture, protein and almond milk into the almond butter mixture and mix it until combined. Roughly chop the chocolate into little chunks and pour it all in and mix it around.
Line your baking sheets with parchment paper and using your hands, roll the dough into balls and press them onto the parchment paper.
Bake at 180’C for 10-15 minutes, depending on your oven. Serve warm straight from the oven while the chocolate oozes out or keep them to snack on later.