Gluten Free Cashew Granola
February 03, 2014 | Makes 10 Servings
- 1 Cup of Gluten Free Oats (100g)
- 1/2 Cup of Desiccated Coconut (45g)
- 1/2 Cup of Flaked Almonds (50g)
- 3/4 Cup of Cashews (110g)
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup of Coconut Oil, Melted (60ml)
- 1/4 Cup of Honey/Maple Syrup (60ml)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup of Raisins/Dried Cranberries (75g)
- Optional: 1/2 Cup of Sunflower Seeds/ Pumpkin Seeds/Pistachios/Walnuts etc
This is an amazing breakfast- have it with coconut yoghurt, almond milk, fruit, add it to smoothies- the list goes on! This recipe makes about 5 servings, I tend to double it and keep it in a nice jar for when I’m in a rush.
Start off by adding all of the nuts, coconut, oats and cinnamon to a large bowl and mix them together.
Then add the coconut oil, vanilla extract and whichever liquid sweetener you’ve chosen and mix it all around until everything is coated evenly.
Lay it all out on a baking sheet and bake at 180’C for about 12-14 minutes. Keep an eye on it and give it a little toss about half way through so that it bakes evenly. It’s done when it’s a lovely goldeny brown colour.
Leave it to cool on a wire rack and then add in any raisins or dried fruit you wish to add. Serve straight away or store it at room temperature in an air tight container or bag.
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Vegan.